Back to All Inova Locations
Inova Fairfax Medical Campus
Inova Fairfax Hospital
Inova Heart and Vascular Institute
Inova Children's Hospital
Inova Women's Hospital
3300 Gallows Road
Falls Church, VA 22042
Leading-edge care, close to home
Inova’s flagship location is Inova Fairfax Medical Campus, a 923-bed medical center serving Northern Virginia, the Washington DC metro area and beyond. We consistently receive accolades for our high quality of patient care and safety in both national and regional rankings. Our campus includes Inova Fairfax Hospital, Inova Heart and Vascular Institute, Inova Schar Cancer Institute, Inova Children’s Hospital and Inova Women’s Hospital. The campus is also home to Northern Virginia's only Level 1 Trauma Center and offers organ transplant programs for Heart, Lung, Kidney and Pancreas.
Inova Fairfax Medical Campus is an independent academic medical center and serves as a regional medical school campus. We also provide residency and fellowship training programs for physicians both independently and through multiple graduate medical education partnerships, and we partner with multiple schools of nursing and pharmacy.
Driving and parking
About Inova Fairfax Medical Campus
- Home to Inova Women's Hospital, the only dedicated women’s hospital in Northern Virginia
- Home to Inova Children's Hospital, an award-winning 226-bed facility devoted to the care of infants, children and adolescents
- The flagship location of Inova Heart and Vascular Institute (IHVI), we have the region's only dedicated cardiac hospital, housing the most advanced technology and facilities focused on the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of heart disease
- Inova Fairfax Hospital offers Northern Virginia’s only level 1 trauma center for treating the most critically injured patients
- Inova Fairfax Hospital has a robust organ transplantation program, including heart, lung, kidney, and pancreas transplant services
- Inova Fairfax Hospital is consistently recognized for excellence and innovation
- Inova Fairfax Hospital is a teaching facility, serving as a regional medical school campus hosting medical student rotations for VCU and has affiliations with the medical schools at UVA, Georgetown, and GWU
- Our campus is host to a range of graduate medical education programs including both residency programs and fellowships. In addition to six independent Inova training programs, we also partner with Georgetown, GWU, The National Capital Consortium (military program), VCU, Howard and NIH to provide training in a total of 19 specialty training areas
- Site of the VCU School of Medicine Inova Campus and the VCU School of Pharmacy Inova Campus
- We partner with eight nursing schools to provide training to students from George Mason, George Washington, Marymount, Shenandoah, Georgetown, Catholic and Stratford universities as well as Northern Virginia Community College
- We also have partnerships in place with seven schools of pharmacy including Butler, Howard, Notre Dame, Shenandoah, University of Pittsburgh, University of Maryland and the VCU School of Pharmacy
An "A" for Patient Safety + Top Hospital
Inova Fairfax Medical Campus has been awarded straight "A's" in patient safety for two consecutive years, and received designation as a Top Teaching Hospital in 2018, by The Leapfrog Group. Performance across many areas of hospital care is considered in establishing the qualifications for these awards, including infection rates, maternity care, and the hospital’s capacity to prevent medication errors. The rigorous standards are defined in each year’s Top Hospital Methodology.
The Leapfrog Group is a national organization committed to improving health care quality and safety for consumers and purchasers. The Safety Grade assigns grades to hospitals across the country based on their performance in preventing medical errors, infections and other harms among patients in their care.
Learn more about Inova Fairfax Medical Campus awards & recognition