Inova Transplant Center is the most active transplant program in the Northern Virginia and Washington, DC, area. Associated with Inova Fairfax Hospital, recognized as one of the nation's finest hospitals, the center performed the region's first heart transplant as well as the first lung and kidney transplants in Northern Virginia. The center enjoys a well-deserved reputation for innovation and excellence. People from throughout the region come Inova when transplant is their last and only life-saving option.
Each of Inova's individual transplant programs has their own referral coordinator and staff who are happy to talk with you and answer your questions.
Inova Transplant Center is an innovator in transplant care and has offered its community a number of transplant "firsts" (click to learn more). We combine state-of-the-art technology with a caring concern for people to provide the best in healthcare to the transplant population. We use effective clinical pathways and a dedicated clinical staff to provide a smooth and complete continuum of care from pre- through post-transplantation.
Comprehensive, compassionate expertise
Inova Transplant Center at Inova Fairfax Hospital offers a full scope of inpatient and outpatient transplant services for patients who require kidney, pancreas, heart, lung or bone marrow transplantations. Our comprehensive approach to patient care demonstrates our commitment to excellence, patient satisfaction and cost reduction.
Our transplant success is measured by overall graft and patient survival rates, all of which exceed the national averages as reported by the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS). Inova offers both air and ground transport systems that are equipped to handle acute patients needs and are available for immediate organ retrieval.
Inova Transplant Center highlights
- We work collaboratively with referring physicians to manage patients from the initial referral through the extended care of the patient after transplantation
- Our heart, lung and kidney transplant programs are certified by Medicare
- We measure clinical quality, appropriateness of care, and effectiveness of treatment using written clinical guidelines and outcome studies
- We provide cost-effective treatment in the least restrictive clinical environment
- Transplant team members are available for transplant patients and their families 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- We offer support groups and ongoing education for transplant patients and their families
- Our case management team works closely with managed care organizations to coordinate patient care
- We offer, when needed, flexible billing to accommodate patients' financial circumstances