Back to Inova Maternity Services
Childbirth Services at Inova Women's Hospital
For expectant parents, all of our facilities at Inova Women's Hospital on the Inova Fairfax Medical Campus offer spacious and beautifully decorated, private labor-delivery recovery rooms designed with your comfort in mind, yet fully equipped with state-of-the-art technology in case of unexpected complications.
Our nursing staff is made up of highly skilled clinicians with experience in obstetric care. In-house anesthesiologists and neonatologists/pediatricians are available 24 hours a day.
Tour the new Inova Women's Hospital
Specialty and high-risk pregnancy
Our physicians, nurses and staff are experts in complicated pregnancies, including treating women with pre-existing conditions and those carrying multiples. We have various resources and services to assist with complicated pregnancies including:
Take advantage of our numerous additional childbirth resources including baby photos, breastfeeding education, support groups, and outpatient prenatal and gynecological charity care.
Maternal-Child Nursing/Family Centered Care (FCC) Visiting Information:
- Visitation hours begin at 9 a.m. and end at 9 p.m. After 9 p.m. all visitors, including siblings, must leave
- Patients may have up to 5 visitors (a significant other/support person plus 4 others, including siblings)
- A doula is not considered a visitor
- Mothers are encouraged to take advantage of Serenity Hours. Any loud or disruptive visitors may be asked to leave
- No children under the age of 12, other than siblings of a newborn, may visit due to the immature immune system of newborns
- Siblings are encouraged to visit if they are free of illness and supervised at all times by an adult other than the patient. All siblings must leave by 9 p.m. and are not permitted to sleep in the patient's room overnight
- Special requests or considerations that affect visitation will be addressed