Inova Lung Services — Programs and Services — Pulmonary Rehabilitation
Pulmonary Rehabilitation in Northern Virginia
Inova's comprehensive Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program is a medically supervised, therapeutic treatment program designed to help patients with pulmonary disease improve their quality of life and exercise capacity.
Inova Fairfax Hospital serves as the standard for pulmonary rehabilitation in the United States, featuring the only Inova program that collaborates with the National Institutes of Health. Additionally, we offer pulmonary rehabilitation at Inova Alexandria Hospital and Inova Loudoun Hospital.
All programs are cerfitied through the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
Learn more about the program at each location.
Who Should Have Pulmonary Rehabilitation?
- Patients with chronic lung and respiratory disease including:
- Pre- or post- lung transplantation patients
Please Note: You must have a physician’s referral for comprehensive pulmonary rehabilitation
- Reduced shortness of breath
- Better understanding of how to manage lung disease
- Overall empowerment to be more active, social and independent
- Improved strength and endurance
- Improved control of breathing
- Improved self-confidence and sense of well-being
- Improved appetite and sleep patterns
- Improved control of stress response
- Decreased hospitalizations