Our outpatient rehabilitation and recovery program focuses on helping patients resume a productive and satisfying life. We strive to help survivors improve their quality of life and to achieve their personal goals.
Our oncology therapists are ready to work with you and offer the support needed to reach your maximum potential.
How Can Rehabilitation Help Me Feel Better?
Many cancer patients who are actively receiving or have undergone treatment are also dealing with the side effects of those treatments including physical, cognitive, emotional and social issues. Rehabilitation Services can address some of the most common side effects of cancer and of surgery, chemotherapy or radiation treatments, such as:
- Limited range of motion
- Balance deficits
- Scar tissue
- Gait dysfunction
What Types of Services Are Offered?
Our oncology physical therapists at Inova Physical Therapy Centers offer:
- Pre and Post Op cancer evaluation, education and treatment
- Lymphedema assessment and treatment
- Programs to maximize functional return to exercise, recreational activities, work and social life
- Therapy to restore tissue mobility, flexibility, joint range, strength, and posture
- Therapy to address neuropathy
- Programs to create an individualized exercise program
- Osteoporosis Bone Program to address chemo induced osteopenia
- Energy conservation education
- Conditioning and endurance training
Oncology rehabilitation services are available at:
For more information or to make an appointment, please call 877-604-6682.